Friday, May 15, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie

Novel, 192 pages
Author: Mitch Albom

It is a must read novel which i reviewed last year in my extensive reading class.. i love it and i bet everybody who wants to learn about life will love it too...


After not meeting for 16 years, finally Mitch came back to see his old kind professor, Morrie. However, his reunion that time was a little bit different since his professor was suffering from ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), a brutal disease that will kill him slowly. Every Tuesday, Mitch visited Morrie to discuss life from the eye of a dying man. By this last class with his professor, Mitch found out the meaning of life, love, and every uncertain thing about life which he used to be afraid of.

My Comment:
Professor Morrie is not a Moslem but almost all of his way of seeing life somehow represents Islamic values. How he tries to understand and accept life fully (without being conquered by his capitalistic surrounding that demands people to walk while they are sleeping or not realize what actually they are doing) has touched my inner invisible feeling and made me realizing some Islamic values I have forgotten. I cannot blink my tears back when I read the four last parts of this Mitch’s last thesis with his lifetime teacher since I am often afraid of loosing someone in my life. The idea is frightening me so much but the lesson of accepting what is happening in life sets me free from evil’s trap.


0 comments:

Post a Comment